This week on the show my guest is Corey Poirier.
We talk about story telling in public speaking and the lessons he’s learned from doping stand up comedy and putting together TEDx talks.
Welcome to episode 142 of the Marketing and Finance Podcast.
What you’ll hear about in this episode
- The public speaking lessons you can learn from doing stand up comedy
- Effective story telling and audience engagement
- Starting from the goal and the story rather than the PowerPoint deck
- Why the TED talk format of short succinct story driven speeches is so successful
- How to market yourself whilst your at a conference
Who is Corey Poirier?
Corey is an award winning keynote speaker (having presented to 100,000 attendees and shared the bill with Deepak Chopra and General Rick Hillier), award winning executive, host of the Conversations With PASSION Radio Show which features the likes of Jack Canfield (Chicken Soup for the Soul), John Gray (Men are from Mars), Dr. John Izzo, and Chalene Johnson and an International Best-Selling Author (Share Your Message With The World).
He’s also interviewed 4000 of the world’s highest achievers to gather material for his books and talks.
If you enjoyed – Corey Poirier on public speaking lessons from stand up and TEDx – please leave a comment or a review on iTunes.
And if you know anyone who would enjoy the show – please share it with them. You can use the buttons below to share on social media.
Don’t miss an episode of the MAF Podcast – subscribe now.