My guest on the show this week is psychologist and TEDx speaker, Daniel Crosby.
We have a fascinating discussion about behavioural psychology and how we often make irrational decisions. If you’re a marketer or give advice of any kind don’t miss this great interview.
Welcome to episode 141 of the Marketing and Finance Podcast.
What you’ll hear about in this episode
- What behavioural psychology is and why it’s important to understand how people make decisions
- Why we all have biases that often lead to us making the wrong decisions
- The key elements of emotion, ego, conservation and attention and why they affect consumer behaviour
- Why we need to get outside help to overcome our biases and irrationality
- How TED talks teach you stories are Trojan horses for facts
Who is Daniel Crosby?
Educated at Brigham Young and Emory Universities, Dr. Daniel Crosby is a psychologist and behavioural finance expert who helps organisations understand the intersection of mind and markets.
His ideas have appeared in the Huffington Post and Risk Management Magazine, as well as his monthly columns for WealthManagement.com and Investment News. Daniel was named one of the “12 Thinkers to Watch” by Monster.com and a “Financial Blogger You Should Be Reading” by AARP.
When he is not consulting around market psychology, Daniel enjoys independent films, fanatically following St. Louis Cardinals baseball, and spending time with his wife and two children.
- Connect with Daniel on LinkedIn
- Follow Daniel on Twitter
- Visit Daniel’s website – Nocturne Capital
- Read Daniel’s articles on the Wealth Management website
If you enjoyed – Daniel Crosby on behavioural psychology applied to marketing and finance – please leave a comment or a review on iTunes.
And if you know anyone who would enjoy the show – please share it with them. You can use the buttons below to share on social media.
Don’t miss an episode of the MAF Podcast – subscribe now.