This week, let’s talk about dropping the word digital.
Stop talking about digital marketing and start talking about marketing again. It may seem like a subtle difference but it’s essential for the future of the profession.
It’s just me and the mic and this is episode 273 of the Marketing and Finance Podcast.
What you’ll hear about in this episode:
- How “digital” has revolutionised how companies and brands deliver communications messages to customers
- Why it’s available to businesses of all budgets
- How “digital” has affected the other elements of the marketing mix
- Has the focus on communications tactics devalued the marketing profession
- How we started talking less about research, products and price and more about SEO, clicks and likes
- Should we just talk about marketing again, without the word “digital” in front of it?
Want to support the show? Click the link below and buy me a coffee!
- Read my article on this topic on the MarketedLive Website
- Cats, Mats and Marketing Plans Book page
- Follow Roger on Twitter
- Connect with Roger on LinkedIn
- Book Roger to speak at your event
- Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes
- Check out Roger’s YouTube channel
If you enjoyed: Why we need to dump the word digital from marketing – please leave a comment or a review on iTunes.
And if you know anyone who would enjoy the show – please share it with them. You can use the buttons below to share on social media.