In this episode, my guest is communication specialist, Helen Wilkie.
She’s helped accountants and other professionals launch their own business books.
We chat about the process of writing, publishing and marketing a business book.
Welcome to episode 121 of the Marketing and Finance Podcast.
What you’ll hear about in this episode
- Helping “numbers” people to better use words
- How to decide on the best subject to write your book about
- Why “author” is the root of the word “authority” and why this is important for your personal brand
- Why the fact other business people might have written a book on the same subject shouldn’t put you off writing your own
- How to avoid going too broad and focus instead on “a thin slice of expertise”
- Planning, editing, production and whether to self-publish
Who is Helen Wilkie
For over 25 years, Helen’s worked with a variety of clients from multinational corporations through professional associations to government departments. She specialises in delivering more her flagship program, “Effective Business Writing for Accountants”, to firms and conferences across North America.
She’s written eight books on business communication, including “Make Your Words Count: a short painless guide to business writing for accountants”, available on Amazon.
- Connect with Helen on LinkedIn
- Follow Helen on Twitter
- Check out Helen’s website
- Createspace -self publishing
If you enjoyed – Helen Wilkie on writing, publishing and marketing your business book – please leave a comment or a review on iTunes.
And if you know anyone who would enjoy the show – please share it with them. You can use the buttons below to share on social media.
Don’t miss an episode of the MAF Podcast – subscribe now.