Remember that age old sales advice that you should sell the sizzle and not the sausage?
Some marketing still focuses on features which makes the message about the product and not about the customer. Let’s have a look at getting back to the sizzle.
Welcome to episode 184 of the Marketing and Finance Podcast.
What you’ll hear about in this episode
- Selling benefits rather than features
- Framing the benefit in the context of the customer problems you are solving
- Lessons from Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG)
- Using the “problem agitate solution” marketing communications formula
- Keeping messages simple and free from bloat and jargon