Marketing isn’t just about communications, advertising or promotion.
When you hear people talking about marketing, often what they are talking about is marketing communications. Even world-famous marketing experts and conference speakers often just focus on marketing communications.
As a result many people think that marketing is just about the communications.
- Social Media.
But marketing is so much more than just the communications.
- It starts with the customer.
- Identifying who the customer is.
- Working out what their problem or need is.
- Building a product or a service (let’s call it an offer) to meet that need.
- Having a goal and a budget.
Once you’ve done that you have a strategy. Only when you have a strategy should you dive into the tactics of communications.
Going straight for the tactics without the strategy often leads to failure.
In this short video we set the record straight. Marketing is so much more than communications.