In this episode I talk to Holly Mackay.
We chat about her new business, Boring Money, and how she believes storytelling is the key to customer engagement.
Hear Holly’s own story of how she started Boring Money and her aims to produce easy to understand content which talks about financial products in a simple way.
Listen to how she’s determined to sweep away the stuffy “suit and tie” perceptions people have about the financial services industry.
That’s all right here in episode 52 of the Marketing Protection and Finance Podcast.
Who is Holly Mackay?
Holly is a writer and entrepreneur who became fed up working for big companies. She started Platforum in 2008. It’s now one of the UK’s most respected financial research firms. She sold the business to Centaur Media in 2011.
Boring Money is Holly’s new venture. Her aim is to help people without PhDs in finance understand the investment markets – without jargon, bias or pompous gobbledygook. She has 2 kids, a chocolate-eating cat and more red shoes than is financially sensible. She is a bad, yet happy surfer.
- Connect with Holly on LinkedIn: Holly Mackay
- Follow Holly on Twitter: @HollyAMackay
- Boring Money Website: www.boringmoney.co.uk
- Follow Boring Money: @BoringMoney
- Nutmeg – get an intelligent, fully managed investment portfolio
- Hootsuite – Social Media Management App