Spotting the needs of niche customers and developing a specific product makes good business sense.
My guest today realised that his consultancy business model wasn’t suited to smaller companies looking to comply with Auto Enrolment.
So he built his own online solution for that niche called “AE in a Box”.
This is the inspiring story of how Chris used digital technology to simplify a complex process.
Hear how Chris built “AE in a Box” and the challenges he faced on the way. Listen to how he took the concept to market and the lessons he learned. Chris’s experience proves that anyone can develop their own products thanks to tools available online.
Don’t miss this fascinating story from a real expert on Auto Enrolment.
A slightly longer than usual episode with some useful tangents about new Social Media Platform – Natter, and internet design wholesaler, Fiverr.com
Who is Chris Daems?
Chris is the director of both Principal Financial Solutions and The Auto Enrolment Advisory Group as well as being an experienced financial planner.
The majority of his clients are directors of owner managed businesses and Chris considers this to be his particular area of expertise.
However, more recently Chris has specialised in helping firms of all sizes (ranging from 1500 through to 30 employees) with the challenges they face whilst meeting the employer duties relating to automatic enrolment regulation.
Chris won “Bluebook Newcomer” and “Pensions Adviser of the year award” at the Unbiased adviser awards 2014 and was runner-up (for most innovative business) and finalist (for ‘Real Life Entrepreneur’) in last years London FSB Awards and won “Group Pension Adviser of the Year” and was commended for “SIPP Adviser of the Year” at the 2014 FT Adviser Life and Pension Awards.
Over the past few months Chris has been instrumental in launching AE in a Box – a software tool designed to empower small employers comply with Auto Enrolment regulation in the most straightforward way possible.
Chris is married to Cassie and has two daughters, Charlotte and Sophie.
One thing you might not know about Chris is his cousin was the first “Ronseal Man” and the first person to use the phrase ‘it does exactly what it says on the tin’ on primetime TV.
AE in a Box information:
- AE in a Box Website: www.aeinabox.co.uk
- Chris’s Changing Face of Auto Enrolment White Paper – DOWNLOAD
Things Chris and I discussed:
- LearnVest – American Investors website: www.learnvest.com
- Wealth Horizon – UK Investment platform: www.wealthhorizon.com
- SaidSo – www.saidso.co.uk
- New Social Media platform – Three Word Social Media – NATTER – www.natter.com
- Find design, copywriters, voice overs and pretty much anything for $5 at – www.fiverr.com
Chris’s favourite Apps:
- Runkeeper – keep track of your exercise goals – www.runkeeper.com
- MyFirmsApp – Financial Calculators on the go – www.myfirmsapp.co.uk
Chris’s Contact links:
- Connect with Chris on LinkedIn: Chris Daems
- Follow Chris on Twitter: @ChrisDaems
- Principal Financial Solutions Website: www.principalifas.co.uk
- Email Chris Here: Chris@Principalifas.co.uk
Chris’s favourite books:
Don’t miss an episode of the MPAF Podcast – subscribe now.
Now it’s your turn:
If you enjoyed this episode – Chris Daems on AE in a Box and The Power of Three – please leave a comment or a review on iTunes. And if you know anyone who would enjoy the show – please share it with them. You can use the buttons below to share on social media.