This week let’s talk about whether SMART goals are really dumb goals.
And whether there’s a better alternative.
It’s just me and the mic and this is episode 267 of the Marketing and Finance Podcast.
What you’ll hear about in this episode:
- Why it’s important to have goals in your marketing strategy or plan
- The traditional SMART model of setting goals
- Some problems with SMARTs and what’s missing
- Using questions as an alternative to acronyms
- The question model:
- What’s the goal?
- Why is it specific?
- How is it exciting?
- What is the plan to achieve it?
- Who will hold us accountable?
Want to support the show? Click the link below and buy me a coffee!
- Cats, Mats and Marketing Plans Book page
- Follow Roger on Twitter
- Connect with Roger on LinkedIn
- Book Roger to speak at your event
- Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes
- Check out Roger’s YouTube channel
If you enjoyed: Are SMART goals really dumb goals? – please leave a comment or a review on iTunes.
And if you know anyone who would enjoy the show – please share it with them. You can use the buttons below to share on social media.